The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) is a national, professional, non-profit making society registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1860. The Association of Principals of Technical Institutions (APTI) was transformed into “Indian Society for Technical Education” in 1968 with a view to broaden its activities to advance the cause of technical education. One of the major objectives of ISTE is to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers & technicians needed by the industries and other organizations.
ISTE Students Chapter was started in JSSPW in the academic year 2007-08 to make the student community to actively participate in ISTE activities and to provide a common platform for students to exhibit the talent which helps in their career development.
ISTE Student Chapter Activities:
- Organizing students symposiums and seminars.
- Organizing lectures by experts from industry, R&D organizations, defense services, government departments and other institutions.
- Lectures on moral values and ethics.
- Training in public speaking and Training in becoming a Master Student.
- Visits to industry and work sites.
- Programmes in leadership and personality development.