- The Department is housed in an architect designed building covering an area of 600 square meters.
- The department is well equipped with latest Computers, Multimedia, Audio visual teaching aids, Departmental Library, Documentation equipment like Printer, Fax, Scanners, Xerox, Typewriters, etc.
Diploma in Commercial Practice, a veteran course, has been one of the first two courses offered by our polytechnic since its inception, i.e., 1980. It is a six semester diploma providing a broad based training in both theoretical and practical aspects related to Accounting, Commerce, Management, Secretarial Services, Documentation, Communication, Economics, Professional Ethics and Computers.
A wide range of opportunities are available in Government, Non-Government, Corporate and Service Sectors. In fact, Commercial Practice students are sought after by all Sectors wherever the Office Structure exist and Offices are very much required for all types of Organizations.
The successful students of our Polytechnic are now presently well settled in their lives by working in reputed Organizations like Wipro, Accenture, Reserve Bank of India, Indian Institute of Management, Banks, Courts (including High Court), Legal Offices, Financial Offices, etc. at supervisory and middle level management levels.
Higher Education & other prospectus
The Commercial Practice Diploma holders can pursue their higher education by getting lateral entry directly to second year B.Com, BBM, etc. Further, acquisition of a Master’s degree opens up various placement avenues in the diversified fields of Manufacturing and Service Sectors. Further, they can become Professionals like Chartered Accountants, Cost Accountants, Company Secretaries, Financial Officers, Tax Consultants, etc., by pursuing CA, ICWA, CS, etc.
- The programme supports the students through quality teaching and Leaning practices that provides a supportive environment, promoting intellectual, ethical
- The programme invokes the desire and ability of lifelong learning in the students for pursuing successful career.
- Strengthening the inter-institutional linkage with the professional organizations, accrediting agencies, statutory authorities who share common responsibilities.
PROGRAMME EDUCAITONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
- To prepare students for a continuous learning in order to meet changing demands of the Industry and make them successful Professionals.
- To provide students a strong foundation in the core areas of business and Industry,
- To inculcate team work, Lifeskills, environmental issues and professional ethics, social responsibilities and need for life time learning.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
- Basic and Discipline specific knowledge: An ability to applyCommerce skills, Statistics and office operation skills for Corporate and Governmentsectors to assist in the solution of the Managerial activities.
- Problem analysis: Identify and analyze well-defined problems by using Management Techniques and Accounting Rules andConventions.
- Design/development of solutions: An ability to apply office operation skills and execute jobs independently at all levels of management.
- Managerial /Secretarial Tools: Apply appropriate technologies and tools with an understanding of their merits and limitations.
- Best practices for society, sustainability and environment: Apply appropriate technology in context of society, sustainability, environment and ethical Practices.
- Project Management: Use management principles individually, as a team member or a leader to manage projects and effectivelycommunicate about well-defined commercial activities.
- Life-long learning: Ability to analyze the individual needs and to upgrading the context of technological changes.
|Saturday, 9 July, 2022||Induction Programe for first year students 2022-23 (23-6-2022 to 9-7-2022)|
|Friday, 9 December, 2022||Guest lecture.pdf|