The Electronics & Communication Engineering program was started in the year 1980. The focus of the department is to produce technicians with strong fundamentals in electronics and communication domain. The plan is underway to adopt outcome based education system to help students to achieve the goal. The department is the most sought after branch of engineering by toppers in SSLC examination (conducted by Karnataka Secondary Education Board) The department of Electronics and Communications Engineering has got experienced faculty & well equipped laboratories. The Department has organized many Guest lectures and workshops to enhance the knowledge in field of electronics and communication. Every year the dept. secures good results, placement & higher study opportunities.
To produce creative, innovative, dynamic, and ethical technologists who can lead in the ever-changing world of electronics and communication technologies
To impart quality technical education to the students providing excellent teaching- learning environment and competitive curriculum in collaboration with industry through state-of-the-art infrastructure and resources.
To provide experience in teamwork, communications-oral, written and hands-on skills with the help of structured and unstructured real-world projects.
To create an environment to suit the needs of entrepreneurship.
To inculcate ethical values and leadership abilities in the minds of students to work towards the growth of the society.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Successful career in Instrumentation industry and health sectors.
- Competent skills to upgrade and adapt to the technological changes in the area of Electronic Instrumentation and Control Engineering.
- Demonstrate leadership attributes, entrepreneurial qualities and social responsibilities
- Pursue higher studies to enhance knowledge and learning.
- Acquire the knowledge of basic mathematics, science and core engineering concepts. (Basic Knowledge)
- Apply the basic knowledge to identify and solve simple problems in the specified areas of Electronic Instrumentation. (discipline Knowledge)
- Conduct experiments and interpret the results based on theoretical learning. (Experiments and Practice)
- Inculcate skills to simulate and design various components of Electronic Instrumentation system using engineering tools. (Engineering Tools)
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions on society. (The Engineer and Society)
- Develop Electronic Instrumentation systems considering environmental safety and sustainability. (Environment and Sustainability)
- Imbibe professional and ethical responsibilities, and exercise the same in all situations. (Ethics)
- Ability to work as an individual and in a team in various activities. (Individual and Team Work)
- Acquire communication skills to articulate technical information in both verbal and written form. (Communication)
- Adaptation to cultural and technological changes through continuous learning. (Lifelong learning)